Register    Login    Forum    Home    Search    FAQ

Board index » ANCIENT HISTORY » THE PARTRIDGE FAMILY

Post subject: Geez they sure are jerks at the c'mon get happy board
 Post Posted: Dec 10 2011 12:10 am 

I just posted what you told me about Shirley Jones vocals on the christmas albums and they erased my posts!! What's up with that?

cluey :grrr:

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Geez they sure are jerks at the c'mon get happy board
 Post Posted: Dec 10 2011 3:57 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

I'm sorry. Not surprised though, the folks who run that board have the reputation of a self-described P Family "expert" to protect, and in the past they've run off at least eight people I know of who knew more about the P Family than he did. People that had worked on the show, people that knew people who did. It's called a "vanity" board, essentially an advertisement that exists solely to promote his expertise and any information or people who threaten him in that capacity are quickly removed. He's made money in the past off that reputation, even to the point of actual interviews on the DVD's. It's gotten so bad over there that hardly anyone ever posts anymore. But judging from the views of Partridge Family clips on youtube, interest has never been at a higher level. People are probably joining all the time, only to have posts erased like you did, or leaving disgusted with the way they tear apart the people in the show.

Now we have a lot of the very best people from that board over here, and some of our greatest and most faithful fans from the very beginning. But some of "the club" over there consistently put down anyone and everyone involved in the show from Shirley to David to especially Danny and Susan. David especially is a target.

We don't run that kind of board here. Celebrities are NOT "fair game". We've met David, Danny and Gretchen, sat behind Suzanne and her family at a Shirley concert, and of course work extensively with Shirley and Marty. Even the real Susan Dey is happy to be friends with us on myspace because she is never insulted by anything we do or anyone we associate with.

I should have warned you when you asked me about those Christmas songs, that if you posted the info over there it was likely to be challenged, but I'm surprised you were merely erased. They usually don't go that far, because if anyone else saw your post before they erased it, it makes them look petty and small. They probably are at the point where they don't care anymore, as there will be no more P Family DVD's and interview face time and paychecks.

Anyway, in the future, any questions about the P Family, ask me here and I'll be happy to answer so everyone can know the real truth to the best of my knowledge and ability.

Anytime.

Les
:-)

P.S. I used to participate on that board extensively until I was run off. I posted several years ago why I left, actually I've forgotten by now. It's in the announcements section.

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Jul 29 2013 4:14 pm 

Well they went and did it again. I should have listened to you, but I started going over there again and I got mad because they started talking down about David Cassidy who's going through some hard times now. I told them they shouldn't be doing that and they started coming back with smart remarks and I finally went off on them!

I told them 'YOU DON'T OWN DAVID CASSIDY, SHIRLEY JONES, OR THE PARTRIDGE FAMILY" much as some of you sick people try! And only an ASSHOLE would kick anyone who's been through as much as him when he was down!

And guess what? They ERASED EVERY THREAD I'd ever been in, plus ALL THE POSTS by other people on those threads!!!

Hahahahahahahahaha!!! Les I tell you I never laughed so hard in my life!! Six months goes by there without a post by hardly anyone, and I just got a huge chunk of the board erased!!

Anyway, you were right. I should have listened to you.

Hey what's up with the smilies? I can't get them to work. I want to use the angry one!

cluey

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Jul 29 2013 5:10 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

I'm sorry about what happened. I never go over there, so I didn't know what was happening.

My guess is that you really struck a nerve with Scott, you have to remember he lost his "significant other" of many years just recently, and that's very hard to get over. That said and done, a few over there really do think they own everyone and everything connected with the Partridge Family, and that's a real shame that their own lives aren't full of enough accomplishments on their own merits that they need to feel that way.

Remember, out of all the people over there over the years, it's just a small clique of angry bitter people who have no lives of their own and have to make hay over celebrities as if they own them. Luckily we don't have anyone like that here, I like to think that a board reflects its founder and all you folks have been a great tribute to me and all the Forever Family over the years. Most of the people over there were fantastic, and many of them made it over here.

Perhaps Scott pulled the threads because he was embarrassed by them and the way they nastily dished about David, although he has almost a hundred such posts made by himself. Or maybe some people just can't handle the truth. Whatever.

Either way, lots of great things happening in Forever Family world, I have a feeling that very soon this board is going to be busier than ever. I can't say anything right now, but good times are coming!

And sorry about the smilies. Darryl was having problems with them too awhile back, I searched and searched, applied every update, I worked for more than a month on it but I just could not find out what the problem was. They still show up and work here on my computers, both Windows and Mac.

Sorry about your experience. Won't ever happen here, and that's a promise!

And hey! Post more often please!

Les

Profile E-mail  

Board index » ANCIENT HISTORY » THE PARTRIDGE FAMILY